what information we collect, how we collect it, and why
how we use that information and with whom we share it
how you can access and update that information
the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your information
how we protect the information we store about you
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
Information About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (such as Facebook)
If you use Metascoolzz’s apps or Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks such as Facebook, we may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The information we receive depends on the Metascoolzz’s app you’re using, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, Metascoolzz’s may collect and store some or all of the following information provided by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- the login email you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or any other information that you or the provider of the third-party application share with Metascoolzz.
If you are unclear about what information a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Other Information from Your Mobile Device
If you use Metascoolzz’s apps on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts (as further described below in “Information About Your Contacts”); and
- information about Metascoolzz and other third-party apps you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information.
Cookies And Tracking Technologies
Cookies and Web Beacons
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- Cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- Web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- Tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively; and
- Local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-app preferences and speed up load times;
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical information, including:
- IP addresses;
- The type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- Your operating system version;
- Your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- Your browser types;
- Your browser language;
- Referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- Platform type;
- The number of clicks on a page or feature;
- Domain names;
- Landing pages;
- Pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- The amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- Game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games;
- In some cases, we will connect this information with your social network ID or Metascoolzz user ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out of Cookie Tracking. We also have information about what Cookies are, and useful links to the privacy policies of (for example) social media sites. You should always seek expert independent advice in addition to help your actions in changing your browsing experiences across different platforms and browsers.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
How We Use the Information We Collect
The main use of the information we collect and store is to provide a better user experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your information may include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our users’ experiences;
- to create your user accounts and allow you to use our apps;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Metascoolzz users and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to user inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our users;
- to protect Metascoolzz’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify users of in-game. In-app or in-platform updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research (wherein personal data is first anonymised and aggregated, unless data subjects have specifically opted in and consented to being part of any research);
One important use of your information is communication. If you have provided your email address to Metascoolzz, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-app activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-app status as well as tell you about gift and neighbor requests. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) (“Promotional Communications”) directly or in partnership with other parties, in accordance with your marketing preferences. Each Promotional Communication will offer you choices about receiving additional messages.
How We Share Your Information
We may disclose or publish aggregated information (information about you and other users collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, users between the ages of 21 and 25 who live in Irvine, CA) and other non-personal information about our users for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, and advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we will share your information (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than Metascoolzz) or allow third parties to collect this information from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other EON Reality Users
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other users. In most EON Reality apps, if you interact through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your app activity. Similarly, in many EON Reality apps, other users, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity, communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a “game name” and your profile photo. For example, in EON Experience EON-XR, any other player may see your user profile if you are on the same lesson. In certain cases, your profile photo, can reveal your social network ID or EON Reality user ID, and access to a social network ID or EON Reality user ID may allow others to view the public information associated with your related social network profile or EON Reality account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or EON Reality’s communication channels.
Third Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics
We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
- When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of information from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco);
- certain technical information (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your in-app and/or in-game play (for example, your level and session length);
- The information collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience);
- Advertisers or ad networks may collect this information through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
You can access our Cookies Policy here.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Metascoolzz or the social network through which you are using Metascoolzz’s apps.
If you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information for help. Please note, we are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your information, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Metascoolzz’s may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of Metascoolzz and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service;
- Where we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will share your information with third party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the information we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your information for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance. These kinds of data are anonymised and aggregated before processing and sharing, with sensitive data deleted to prevent transfer. If removing identifiable details is not possible, we will not share data unless and until we have received specific, written and tangible consent.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Your information may also be disclosed as follows:
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- To send you a newsletter, where you have opted in to receive these and have had the opportunity within each subsequent newsletter communication to opt out
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Information
Accessing and Updating Your Information Held by Metascoolzz
If you want to review, delete, or change the information Metascoolzz has about you or have additional questions, e-mail us at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within one calendar month.
Subject Access Requests
Metascoolzz is committed to complying with the applicable data privacy and security requirements in the countries in which we operate. GDPR allows you to make a request to DBS for copies of all personal information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request. We aim to provide you with a copy of the information we hold about you within one calendar month of receiving a valid request. To begin this request, please use our contact details below.
Stopping Use of Your Information
If you no longer want Metascoolzz to make active use of your information, you may send an email to [email protected]. Place “Delete My Account” in the subject line and include your first name, last name, e-mail address and your social network ID for the social network from which you access our Services (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail (for example, your Facebook user ID). We will respond to your request within thirty days. Please note that certain records, for example those relating to payments or customer service matters, will be held for legal and accounting purposes. If you have sent content through or posted content on the Service, we may not be able to delete it. You are advised to contact us if this is the case.
Information We May Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Apps or Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the information Metascoolzz.io receives about you from a third-party application where you use our apps, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your information and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update information associated with your Metascoolzz user profile in certain games, visit the “settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of information collection and use by visiting the “settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or “app.”
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Metascoolzz
If you want to stop receiving promotional emails from Metascoolzz, click on the “unsubscribe” link in any promotional email from Metascoolzz. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days. You can also contact us directly to make this request, for contact details please scroll to the bottom of the page or email [email protected].
Opting Out of Other Communications
You can opt out of receiving SMS messages (for example, text messages) by texting back STOP to the number we send the text from for that particular SMS message program. In some cases a preferences management page will also be available. When we receive an opt-out message from you for SMS messages, we may send a message confirming our receipt of your opt-out.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s “settings” page.
Opting Out of Third Party Tailored Advertising
If you are interested in more information about tailored advertising and your choices to prevent third parties from delivering tailored web and mobile web advertising you may visit the following websites:
- Network Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt-Out Page or the Digital Advertising Alliance Opt-Out Page for U.S.-based advertising; and
- Your Online Choices UK website for EU-based advertising.
These opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Metascoolzz.Metascoolzz does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
In addition, if you do not want to receive tailored in-application advertisements from third parties that relate to your interests in apps on your mobile device, you may opt-out by adjusting the ad tracking settings on your device. You can also reset the “Advertising Identifier” (like an IDFA) from your mobile device’s settings page, which will prevent continued use of existing behavioral data tied to the previous “Advertising Identifier.” Further, depending on the platform provider (such as Apple or Google), you may be able to download apps, such as the Digital Advertising Alliance’s “AppChoices” app, that offer to provide you with control regarding the collection and use of cross-app data for tailored advertising. Like the opt-out tools mentioned above for the web, these mobile opt-out tools are provided by third parties, not Metascoolzz. Metascoolzz does not control or operate these tools or the choices that advertisers and others provide through these tools.
Please note that you may still receive advertisements from third parties within Metascoolzz’s apps even if you opt-out of tailored advertising but they will not be based on your activity across unrelated web sites or apps.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Metascoolzz cookies are necessary to track and enhance your app activities.
Controls for do-not-track features
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and apps may contain advertisements from Third Party Services, which are companies other than Metascoolzz that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third Party Services use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Our websites, apps, and games are not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use our websites, apps, or games at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal information from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that information from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 13, please contact us at your earliest opportunity using the contact details supplied below.
International Operations and Transfers Out of Switzerland and the EEA
IMPORTANT: When you use Our Services, your data may be sent to the United States and possibly other countries. We recognise the privacy rights of EU citizens. We have a number of data protection, retention and transfer policies in place that are upheld by internal IT policies, all designed to safeguard data, which have also been updated in line with GDPR. As part of our international operations, we may transfer data to our Affiliates (which means subsidiaries, parent companies, joint ventures and other corporate entities under common ownership with Metascoolzz) from time to time for our legitimate business purposes. For example, Metascoolzz provides certain services to its Affiliates.
Please note that laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and so the privacy laws applicable to the places where your information is transferred to or stored, used or processed in, may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident. We work with numerous Data Protection Policies across Metascoolzz and our teams ensure there is Legitimate Business Interest for transfers, if any, are to take place.
How Long We Keep Your Information
How long we retain your information depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain any personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some information for after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights. There is more information about this in our Data Protection Policy, which you can request in writing. To begin this request, please see our contact details below.
Security of Your Information
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
If you have an account registered directly with Metascoolzz, your profile information is protected by the password you use to access your Metascoolzz account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Metascoolzz account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Metascoolzz account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your EON Reality games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account information, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Metascoolzz account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your Metascoolzz account or enter payment information, we or our third party payment processor use secure socket layer technology (“SSL”) to encrypt the transmission of that information.
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, we cannot guarantee the security of your information while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at [email protected].